- Phone: +49 241 80-25538
Dr. Wilhelm Viehöver has been a Senior Researcher at the Chair of Society and Technology since August 2018. His working tasks encompass research, teaching as well as administrative tasks. Currently, he is working on several topics such as discourse theory and analysis, narrative theory, methodology and analysis, globalization theory, sociology of technology and environmental research, polycentric governance of knowledge production as well as participatory formats in innovation fields. In addition, he is teaching courses in the social science B.A. and the sociology M.A. Programme. Furthermore, he is the Coordinator of the Master Programme Governance of Technology and Innovation (GovTec).
- Qualitative Methods and Methodology
- Discourse theory and discourse analysis
- Globalization and world society
- Polycentric Governance and community based participatory processes in knowledge and technology production
- Technology and Environmental Research
- Methodology of social and political scientific narrative analysis
- Beyond the Internetgalaxy: Is there a new axial age to come?
- Technological refiguration and transformation of emotional regimes
Additional Positions and Activities
- Co-Editor of the Journal for Discourse Studies
- Member of the Working Group for Discourse Research (Section Sociology of Knowledge)
- Founding Member of the Augsburg Working Group for Discourse Research
- Coordinator for the Master Programme Governance of Technology and Innovation (GovTec)